Premium MDF Wooden Pottery Wheel Throwing Batts with 10mm pin holes
Premium MDF (Exterior Grade) Pottery Wheel Throwing Batts - The Natural Workshop - 10mm pin holes at 10" / 254mm centres for Shimpo wheel style
Picture the scene....you have just spent the last hour throwing the most beautiful pot you've ever made. You go to remove it from the wheel by gently trying to pick it up and BANG it drops on the floor. All of your hard work is gone. This is extremely frustrating but easily fixed with our beautifully machined Premium MDF Wooden Pottery Wheel Throwing Batts with 10mm pin holes batts.
At The Natural Workshop we understand your frustration and because of this, we now sell high quality Premium MDF batts for your potter’s wheel. Our batts are CNC machined from Premium MDF which is purchased from FSC sources. Batts not only allow you to easily remove your pot from the wheel, they also allow you to return the piece you just created to the exact centre of your wheel to work on it again later.
Having the right batt can make all the difference. If you would prefer a specific size batt then please don't hesitate to contact us and we can look at that for you as we machine all of our timber in our rural workshop, right here in Cambridgeshire.
- Batt Pins holes are ideally suited to a “Shimpo” type wheel head.
- Pin holes machined at 254mm / 10” centres and made for 10mm pins.
- One slotted hole, and one round hole which have been machined into the wooden batt. This ensures a “wiggle free fit” on your wheel head.
- FSC Premium MDF 9mm thick for superb rigidity
- Designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom
- Do not soak this bat in water as this may cause the board to swell or warp.
- Clean your plywood batts with a damp sponge after each use.
- Do not keep this bat wet or submerged for long periods of time – this can cause warping.
- Always remove batts from the wheel head and, once dried, store in a cool dry place.
- Do not bend your plywood bats while they are wet. Allow the batt to dry flat in a warm room away from a direct heat source.
Please ensure you follow the recommended care instructions. We take great care to ensure the quality of the timber used however if you notice that it starts to splinter or delaminate, please stop using the board immediately and let us know.